CONTESTS

None at the moment, check back soon!

Recent Posts

Thursday, January 7, 2010

SNI

I just had a SNI, or in other words, a Shiny New Idea. Usually that's not so big of a deal except that I never get one. EVER. Blue Abyss was the only real story idea I've ever had, and so far it seems to be working. But how can I live up to Blue Abyss standards? I think that's a problem even published authors have: their debut novel could be an award winning, New York Times bestseller, but their second novel flops. So. I think this fear I have of failure is a common problem that authors face, and that somewhat soothes my nerves, but this SNI is something that I don't have the time to work on. With Blue Abyss, I had all day to work on it because of my concussion, so I might have to save my SNI until the summer, when the time is endless. Hopefully more ideas about the plot will surface by then. Plus, I refuse to start my SNI until I finish Blue Abyss edits :) .

*Hint: My SNI is YA contemporary.

*This is tentative and can be changed at any time

5 comments:

Angie said...

Hey Bailey! So you're a blogger too now? It's so darn distracting, as if I don't need more things to stop me from writing. Just wanted to let you know that I'll be listening! Keep working on those SNI!!!

Amna said...

Yay for SNI!

And yay for endless summers!

Malika Horton said...

Cool, SNI are amazing! Good luck with yours! And I share your fear though my fear isn't as specific. It's just a plain ol' fear of failure period.

Jon Paul said...

The fear of failure is something I think alot of authors face. I recently made the decision to return to writing and spent the whole summer trying to get a single page written. Yep, you got it. The old fear of failure.

I think the trick is to not care so much and just get it on the page. Good luck with your SNI. It sounds promising.

Anonymous said...

Very impressed with everything you have to offer, fellow aspiring writer. I hope you keep your blog updated, I'll come back to find out about the SNI!

Post a Comment

i love the comments and appreciate each and every one. i try and return them on your blogs ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Page Views Since May 25, 2010

free hit counter